Hosted by Stewart Gallery in conjunction with Gloucester Arts Festival and to be included in EN PLEIN AIR Exhibit at Stewart Gallery June 1-30.
Public Reception and Awards Presentation on Sunday, June 9th, 2-4 pm.
Symphony Nocturne Paint Out
Saturday, June 1st 7-9 pm pm
$10 Registration Fee until May 31st
$15 Late Registration on the Lawn 6:30 - 7 pm
Awards: First Place - $300, Second Place - $200, Third Place - $100
Join us as we welcome the Richmond Symphony back to Gloucester with a fun and relaxed plein air event as part of this year’s Gloucester Arts Festival. Symphony program will start at 8 pm…
don’t forget your headlamp or painting light!
Stewart Gallery will receive finished paintings that night, unless other arrangements are made prior to Paint Out.
Entry form and payment may be made online at Registration for Nocturne Paint Out or in person at Stewart Gallery, 6655 Main Street, Gloucester VA. Entry deadline is Friday, May 31st.
- Artists participating in the 2019 GAF Plein Air Invitational are invited to participate in the Nocturne Paint Out. Their paintings will be part of the Heart of the River Collection on display at the GAF Gala and Show at Arts on Main. These paintings will not be part of the Stewart Gallery competition.
- Entries must be created in the pure intent of outdoor, on location, plein air painting.
- Multiple paintings from the Paint Out may be submitted as long as they are completed during the Paint Out. No prior work may be submitted for Judging.
- This event will not have strictly enforced start and stop times; however, all work must be delivered to Stewart Gallery, 6655 Main Street by 9 pm on June 1.
- Artists are permitted to start with a toned canvas.
- Artist’s name, artwork title, and date should be legibly printed on the back of submitted artwork. All paintings must be framed and have wire on the back for hanging. No saw tooth hangers.
- Stewart Gallery will retain 40% of sale proceeds for artwork produced at Paint Out and sold in Stewart Gallery. Additionally, any sale of artwork generated during the plein air event, either by agreement with the buyer prior to the event or through arrangements following the event, are subject to the same agreement. Checks to artists for the sale of artwork are mailed promptly after show ends.
- Unsold art must be picked up by artists starting Saturday, June 29th, and no later than Tuesday, July 2nd. Because there is little room for storage of work not hung, Stewart Gallery cannot take responsibility for the safety of work left past published pick-up dates. Stewart Gallery will exercise the same care with respect to all consigned work as it does in the safekeeping of its own property.
- It is understood that images of the consigned art may be reproduced and used for publicity purposes connected with the exhibit by Stewart Gallery and Gloucester Arts Festival.